Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bad Morning...Sad news...Good news...crepes...and ball!!!




So today was filled with alot of ups and downs, thinking,appreciation, and contentment. It started out as a "monday" for me, you know one of those days where nothing seems to go right.The alarm goes off 7:45, I feel like a mac truck hit me (from shoveling the snow) so I think ahh just a few more minutes right! Next thing I know I hear the garbage truck coming...Oh Crap, so I fly out of bed (crazy hair and all) and run outside in my pj's to put the very full garbage can out. I come in realizing I am supposed to leave in 15 minutes....So, hat day for me, I throw on some scrubs, and out the door I go. I get to school and and sign up (or suckered into, I'm not sure which) for a weight loss contest. Everyone puts 1$ per pound they want to lose in a Money pot and whoever meets and/or exceeds their goal the most by march 30th wins the money. So, here I go 20lbs to lose by then. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
I also found out today that a friend of my moms' who has struggled to get pregnant for a long time found out tuesday that she was expecting, then today found out it was a tubal pregnancy and had to have surgery. I felt so sad knowing that what she had been waiting so long for, was simply swept away so quickly. Life isn't fair... It is so sad that everyday girls are getting pregnant by accident and not responsibly and then someone who really wants and deserves a baby waits and waits and then still sometimes doesn't get a baby. It really makes you appreciate life when you realize you don't have it as hard as someone else.

So onto some happier news! I got a call today from a Girl who supervises all of the MA's at an OB/GYN clinic, and I have an appointment with her tomorrow to set up my externship. I am so happy! This is something I wasn't sure that it would happen or not, so it was a surprise to get the phone call and meet with her so soon.

Over the summer I had a booth at the kaysville farmer's market, and fell in love with crepes. Well, Michelle from the crepe stand told me how to make them without spilling the beans of her "secret" recipe. So, I finally made some and they were so yummy! Hence the picture up top.


Then a night at home with my wieners(aka) Dash and Hershey. Our youngest brown baby :) Dash loves to play ball, I think he lives for it. "Loni, I'm right here with the ball, throw it Loni, come on one more time Loni" I love him to death, but this ball is going to be the death of me... (see top picture)
So until next...

1 comment:

  1. It is so true what you said about trying to have a baby. My close friend has been trying for a child for so long and is now in the adoption process. I hope she gets picked soon. Your puppy is so cute. And those crepes look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete